Caroline in Malawi

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Health check!

Wow, you are getting 2 entries in one week!! Again a short one but here goes!

Since we are in Lilongwe for a few extra days we decided to get odd jobs done. I needed 3 boosters and I had a slight sore tooth occasionally when eating. So booked appointments with the dentist and the doctor.

Firstly one of the jabs that I needed wasn't stocked by the doctor that VSO uses but I had arranged to collect it from the Brittish High Commission. I arrived there and they had also ran out of the vacine and had given my one away to someone else! Great. So we went on a wild goose chase to get the jab from another private clinc in the capital. Thankfully he had some and I got the jab at his clinic.

Next day it was the dentis just to see if a filling was maybe loose. I tried to explain that I wans't in pain etc ect and I just wanted it checked. After banging about for a while in my mouth the dentist declared that I needed root canal treatment on my tooth and she would do it now but I'd need to come back in 2 weeks for a follow up! I literally took off the bid, grabbed my bag and ran saying that I was too busy at the moment. She offered me mediation for the pain - what pain!!!

Back to the doctors (it is in the same building as the dentists!) an hour later but they had ran out of the rabies jag. I managed to get the other one but am still waiting for the rabise one. Hopefully I can get it back in Rumphi as there are several wild dogs running a riot in the area!!!!

So in actual fact I think we did quite well in terms of Malawi - but no way and I getting root canal treatment at this time!!!!

Hope you are all well and healthy!!

Caz xx

2 Comments:

  • hi pitcairn

    yeah, I think I would've opted out of the dental treatment too ;)

    yuck, bed bugs sound annoying, how does beign outside kill them then, the heat? other animals eating them?

    been busy here, working, had all sorts, nursery to the wido p7's ready for high school, lol, they were as tall as me! That's it for this week, got a day with my girl tomo, she's hilarious, I love my days at home with her. She can sing now, she likes row row row our boat, and baa baa black sheep :D

    take care, as always, lots of love too

    suze xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 pm  

  • Sounds like you are very busy these days - glad you are having fun! Hollie sounds great!! Bless!

    Caz xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home