Caroline in Malawi

Monday, May 28, 2007

Just a quick one!!

Hello all, this is just a quick entry as I am in Lilongwe and can't use my pen drive due to picking up virus's on it!

Here is my instructions for buying a bike in Malawi!!

1 Get the money ready
2 Go to the street seller who is selling bikes
3 Select a bike
4 Pay for the bike
5 Take your beautiful new bike to the shop next door to get it fixed!!!!
6 They will take it appart and fix it an put it all back together again
7 Pay them
8 Cycle your bike away and hope for the best!!!!

This is how things work in Malawi!! I had to do this when I bought my night watchman a new bike.

Hope all is well, thanks for all the letters that are coming though now. I am trying to reply.....

Caz xx

2 Comments:

  • Hey there,
    Glad to hear you're getting on okay. Sounds like you're having lots of fun settling into your new house - like you say it's amazing what you can do with a cardboard box - just remember back to childhood and I'm sure you'll come up with some more ideas.

    Life here is pretty normal, Rich is busy cooking lots and Diving in the north sea when he's got time. He says i'm to ask you if you've eaten any Mealie Meal? Its a bit like porridge I think. I've been busy at work and am trying to jog a bit as doing Race for Life in July. Not much else happening though - hoping to catch up with everyone soon. Anyway must go - better get the wages paid before the day is out! Take care
    Pam T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 pm  

  • Thanks Pam, I got your letter and have since replied!! Loved all the photos too! Try to aviod the local Malawian dishes much as possile, especially the nsima!!

    Catch up soon

    Caz xx

    By Blogger Caroline Pitcairn, at 8:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home