Caroline in Malawi

Thursday, December 13, 2007

creature comforts!

Hope you are all enjoying the run up to Christmas – can’t believe that its so near. Totally doesn’t feel like it! This is just a quick update – not much has been happening. It has finally started to rain and when I say rain I mean really rain. We have already been stuck in the mud and several parts of my house flood! I have to run about trying to close the windows as quickly as possible to prevent another flood!

There are also lots of more weird creatures about. There are these flying termite things that are attracted to the light. Currently they are all flying about inside the house as the rains were bad today. They are awful things but by the morning their wings have fallen off and they all die!

The frogs have also taken a liking to the house – hopefully Jambo will sort them out! The amount of mosquitoes has also double. I spend a lot of time hiding under my mozzie net with the light out!!

Will write again soon about Christmas in Malawi but for now, enjoy the shopping and partying!

3 Comments:

  • yikes... frogs, flying termites..... nice ;)

    hope jambo's living up to his name :)

    did you get my parcel by the way??? Hope it arrived ok.

    Hollie's incredibly over excited about sata (santa)but fortunately has no concept of time so every day is exciting for her! She doesn't know the best is yet to come. Next week is madness wiht 6 parties over 4 days. We wont be doing them all tho, I'm escaping to the retreat that is the P1,2,3 school party *cough cough* on Monday. Wish me luck!

    Take care, as always, Pitcairn

    Much love, Suze xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 pm  

  • Hey

    Not yet got any parcels, probably due to the amount that are sent to Malawi over this time for folk - still hopeful that some will arrive before xmas! Will let you know when it arrives. How exciting!

    Caz xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 am  

  • arg, I was uber organised and sent it weeks ago :(

    I even put a wee message on the envelop to get it there quicker.

    Hope it comes soon xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home